Morning sickness if a termed offered referred to nausea a woman suffers from in her pregnancy. The intensity of this sickness differs from woman to woman because the body functions differently for anyone. There is no specific time for this condition to occur to a woman as it can happen anytime, any part of the day so one can not clearly define as the situation occurring only when a pregnant woman wakes up.
If you want to read it in medical ways so the best term used for this is “nausea and vomiting of pregnancy.” Studies show that almost 75% of the women suffer from this condition during their pregnancy period and they are likely to suffer from this in the first trimester and just 50% of the women just suffer from vomiting.
When does morning sickness begin?
Morning sickness begins around 6 weeks of pregnancy in normal cases. But in some situations, it can begin as early as 4 weeks too. As the time passes, its intensity tends to increase in certain cases. The relief from nausea and morning sickness has been calculated to be in around 14 weeks for half of the pregnant women. The rest of them have been found to quickly strengthen them up within a month of it as well.
Some unusual cases have been also observed regarding the morning sickness. Some patients have been observed to suffer from this situation for the entire period of their pregnancy. This can sometimes be very critical as it can cause complications for the mother. The very common diseases to suffer from the ongoing morning sickness can lead to dehydration and not be capable of gaining enough weight which is pretty disturbing for the woman in the long run.
Causes of morning sickness and nausea
As per the reports of the scientists and the researchers, the causes of nausea are unknown but following are the common causes that might lead to morning sickness.
- HCG – This is a hormone that increases in a rapid way inside a pregnant body. It is basically called as human chorionic gonadotropin. When the levels of this hormone reach their peak, they stimulate nausea as well, and therefore it also rises to its peak levels.
- Estrogen – This is
another important hormone that starts to multiply during pregnancy just like
- Sensitivity – During the early stages of pregnancy, some women are likely to be more sensitive regarding their digestive issues. This is because of the presence of a hormone in a stomach named as Helicobacter which becomes the cause of vomiting and increased levels of nausea.
- Sensitive to smell – A pregnant woman is even more prone to a certain odor which is coming miles away from where she is standing, and she gradually becomes sensitive to that. Due to an enhanced sense of smell, she starts to suffer from nausea.
- Stress – Including all the other main factors, stress is also counted as one of the important cause for vomiting and nausea. Resultantly, the nausea is the ultimate answer to a woman’s stress.
There is always a probability of why some women have more chances of getting nausea. Listed down are certain cases which might be a cause of a woman’s intense nausea levels.
- A twin pregnancy
- Had been suffering from vomiting and nausea in
- Nausea runs in the family
- Migraine headaches
Henceforth, it can rightly be said that the intensity of nausea differs for every pregnant woman, but there are still, some factors and symptoms that are found commonly in all.